Origination volume dropped in Q1 but banks and non-bank lenders that sold off mortgage servicing rights saw the highest profits, earnings.
- Proptech Parcl offers real estate investing without liquidity 13 mins ago
- Mortgage apps decline 11% amid economic uncertainty 8 hours ago
- FirstClose secures $35 million investment from Lateral 21 hours ago
- Narrow Gauge Capital acquires Inco-Check 21 hours ago
- Orchard provides cash offers for first-time homebuyers 1 day ago
- Caliber sues CrossCountry after 80 employees left for rival 7 days ago
- Biden’s plan to fix housing supply depends on Congress 2 days ago
- Almost 45% of homeowners are now equity rich 6 days ago
- ‘Foreclosure Abuse Prevention Act’ awaits New York governor’s signature 5 days ago
- Mobile, online home purchases raising mortgage fraud costs 1 day ago
The survey results are consistent with MBA’s May forecast, which shows far fewer home sales and mortgage originations than a year ago.
Higher mortgage rates are hitting the housing starts data, and the real story is that the housing completion data is still terrible.
In its first equity round, FirstClose received a $35 million investment from Lateral Investment Management on Tuesday.
HousingWire chats with Steven Schwalb, Managing Partner of Angel Oak Lending about the changes investor appetite for non-QM products.
When you use your data to track the right metrics for mortgage servicing, you are empowered by such insights to focus on the most important things for your business and provide smart scaling.