Before COVID-19 hit last year, purchase application data was trending at 10% growth year over year. Suppose we accept that our current year-over-year growth is at a healthy 14.83%. In that case, we can still expect many weeks of negative year-over-year growth during the second half of 2021 because we compare this period to the period of parabolic growth of 2020. HW+ Premium Content
- Compass losing money, gaining market share 20 hours ago
- U.S. Bank’s Fred Bolstad to speak at Spring Summit 21 hours ago
- RE/MAX makes big Florida investment 22 hours ago
- Expect purchase application data to be negative in 2H 2021 22 hours ago
- Don’t sleep on non-QM products 23 hours ago
- 2021 HW Tech100 Mortgage Winners 2 days ago
- FHFA extends forbearance period to 18 months 5 days ago
- 2021 HW Tech100 Real Estate Winners 2 days ago
- The mortgage workforce is back, but for how long? 1 day ago
- Pending home sales drop, but there’s a silver lining 5 days ago
Rocket Pro TPO is jumping into jumbo – it’s offering loans up to $2M, including investment properties. Borrowers can do 45% DTI and 80% LTV.
Compass’ S-1 doesn’t disappoint: it breaks down everything from prices on specific acquisitions, to agent productivity.
As we observe, digest and analyze all of the mortgage and real estate activity from last year, we can’t help but surmise that all progress in 2020 was influenced or enabled in some way by technology. HW+ Premium Content
Now is the perfect time for originators to consider expanding to non-QM products – not just to grow their business and diversity their product offerings, but also to ensure they are not missing out on an opportunity to better serve their customers.
The closing process, that time between underwriting approval and the actual closing, is the mortgage industry’s not-so-secret Achilles’ heel.