One day after the FHFA announcement, Homepoint, Guaranteed Rate and UWM announced that they have already implemented the 2022 conforming loan limits
- FHFA: Government to back mortgages up to $970,800 in 2022 5 days ago
- Housing inventory has never been lower 3 days ago
- Ex-MBA prez Ronald McCord to pay $52M mortgage fraud penalty 4 days ago
- Introducing the HousingWire 2021 Tech Trendsetters 4 days ago
- Nonbanks quick to implement 2022 conforming loan limits 3 days ago
This week’s HW+ member spotlight features Reina Ramos, senior vice president, mortgage market leader at City National Bank of Florida, as she discusses what issues in the housing market keep her up at night.
We often have two to three job reports per year that miss estimates badly. However, remember that we have over 10 million job openings.
Online real estate platform Clever has raised $8 million in a Series B funding round to expand its team and accelerate its mortgage efforts, the company said on Wednesday.
It will fall to the mortgage originator to send out a clear message to home loan borrowers, letting them know their options and pushing for unfiltered contact with new homebuyers. If the industry doesn’t step up its new borrower outreach efforts, it could appear to government regulators that the industry isn’t taking the President’s mandate seriously.
Kenon Chen writes: It is time to look at whether the impact it has on people is equitable. And the appraisal process is no exception.