Recognizing the most innovative technology companies serving the mortgage and real estate industries.
Though loan originators and real estate professionals are collaborating more now than ever before, technology solutions have mostly stayed focused on one population versus the other. That’s why, for the first time, HousingWire will honor technology companies from the mortgage and real estate industries separately. Introducing, the HW Tech100 Mortgage and HW Tech100 Real Estate – HousingWire’s opportunity to highlight 200 technology solutions driving innovation for their respective industry.
- 2020 nomination period: December 1, 2020 – December 18, 2020
- Standard Submission Fee: $595
- Winners announced: March issue of HousingWire Magazine
Nominations for the 2020 HW TECH100 are closed, 2021 nominations will open in December!
Eligibility & Criteria
Firms need meet the following basic criteria to apply for submission to the HW TECH100:
- Offer technology and/or software that drives innovation in the mortgage or real estate industries.
- The technology must be available in-market at time of application: no vaporware or pre-launches allowed.
- Technology may be B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-consumer) in nature.
A Selection Panel of industry leaders will view and vote on submissions based on the “Market Served” category. The final list will be reviewed by a committee of HousingWire editors. All winners will be announced publicly with the launch of the March issue of HW Magazine.
Submissions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Our company has more than one software platform and we serve multiple industries. Do we have to apply multiple times?
Each company will be evaluated by our Selection Panel and editorial team based on the industry and market they select with their submission, if you would like to be considered in more than one category an additional nomination is required.
2. We’ve got amazing software and would love to demonstrate it to HousingWire editorial team members as part of the consideration process.
Given the volume of applications, our team members/editors cannot accept individual requests for supplementary information beyond what is included in the HW TECH100 application itself.
3. We want to know if [Company X] applied. Or we’d like to know how many companies applied/were nominated.
In the past we have received more than 300 nominations for the TECH100 program. We’re expecting submission to increase exponentially year after year. Beyond that, we do not disclose if individual companies have been nominated for the program, nor do we disclose how many companies have received nominations in any given year.
4. Our software is proprietary and we want to share some things in our application that are private, so we can be accurately assessed. How do we do that?
If your software is so stealthy that you don’t want anyone to know what it actually does, we’re pretty sure you shouldn’t be competing for public industry-wide recognition for your super-secret efforts. But every year we do receive a few requests like this, so let’s be clear: HousingWire is a media company, and the information you submit in a nomination is material that will be vetted – and can be published in the event the company you nominate is named to our list. No secrets here. Nothing up our sleeves.
5. The company I want to nominate doesn’t advertise with HousingWire. Can they still be considered?
We get this question every year, too, from a few people – we can only surmise it’s because that’s how some other industry tech awards programs have worked in the past. The HW TECH100 isn’t like other industry programs.
Here’s the bottom line: selection to the HW TECH100 isn’t based upon a company’s advertising relationship, and we encourage all technology companies looking to make their mark to apply. What we’re looking to accomplish with this program is broader than that: we want to capture the most innovative companies in the industry. Period.
6. We must have missed the listed deadline. We really want to be included, but this got held up in legal/we missed it until now/it was the holidays/we had other things we were focusing on/etc. Can we still apply?
Our answer for those that miss the deadline is simple: better luck next year. We have strict deadlines to manage to, and ask that you respect the process. Bottom line: all submissions/nominations must be made prior to midnight Central time on the nomination closing date. No exceptions. No mulligans. No extensions.
7. How much does it cost to nominate?
The standard submission fee is $595, but there is early bird pricing available for $495.
8. We submitted a nomination. Can we know if we made it in prior to the official announcement for planning and/or marketing purposes?
We do not disclose the companies that make our HW TECH100 until the TECH100 HW Magazine issue is released; and will not be disclosing any information as to who made the cut prior to that date. When each year’s award winners are announced, the business contacts at winning firms will receive notification of their inclusion as well as information to support any press statements and similar marketing measures.
Have more questions? Reach out to Caren Karris.
Award Materials, Licensing, Permissions, and Reprints
Each winning organization will be provided the award logo to use as they wish to promote their win.
For additional award materials, like plaques and trophies, please visit our online store here.