The HW Insiders Award program recognizes your organization’s operational all-stars — those insiders that are your company’s best-kept secret, yet vital to its success.
If your company or team has an Insider that is making all the difference in helping your organization achieve success, nominate them.
Honorees will be profiled in the September issue of HousingWire Magazine and will receive ongoing recognition on HousingWire.com. Honorees will also receive a free year subscription to HousingWire Magazine.
- Upcoming nomination period: June 8, 2021 – June 25, 2021
- Submission fee: $595
- Winners announced: September issue of HousingWire Magazine
Nominations for the 2020 Insiders are closed. 2021 nominations will open in June 2021!
Eligibility & Criteria:
Nominees must be working in the U.S. housing economy, which includes businesses in residential mortgage lending, servicing, investments, or real estate. Each application must provide tangible evidence of significant impact within their individual company, primarily focused upon the past 12 months.
We desire to recognize those who serve their companies in outstanding ways — through operations, product development, hiring, marketing campaigns, or making things more efficient. Don’t let that list limit you — we aren’t as focused on titles but on the value this person brings to the company. Put another way, what this person does is not as important as how they do it (excellently, stunningly well).
We celebrate people who are often their company’s best-kept secret: the one person known within the company as a critical part of that company’s success, but who may or may not be as well known throughout the larger industry. That’s the genesis of the word Insiders — absolutely essential to the performance of their companies within the housing space. Impact doesn’t always have to be measured in quantifiable terms, but the more specifics you can provide on why they are valuable, the stronger the application will be.
Submissions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
An operational all-star at your company might look quite different from one at another company. We are looking for the unsung heroes that make up the secret sauce in your organization. These are key contributors that should be recognized for their outstanding contribution to your organization and to the housing industry.
Here are a couple of quite different examples of the types of candidate the HW Insiders Award covers:
Example #1 — Laurie
Laurie is a mortgage loan officer with more than 25 years of lending experience.
Laurie freely shares her expertise to personally assist numerous families with their financing needs. She is a rock star with an extensive background in all facets of mortgage lending, including management and underwriting. Laurie is well versed in all types of mortgages – from conventional, FHA/VA, jumbo to construction/203k rehab loans, home equity lines, and everything in between.
Example #2 — Frank
Frank is a division vice president of mortgage operations.
He has experience with quality assurance, underwriting and product management. When it comes to project execution, Frank is a force to be reckoned with. He led his team to implement new procedures to insure TRID compliance and reduced average time to close by four days.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can I contact if I have questions? For questions on the winner writeups, headshots and other submission details contact Kelsey Ramírez at email@example.com. For questions on payments or marketing materials, email Marketing Manager Caren Karris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the HW Insiders Award program?This program recognizes mid-level industry professionals who have become essential forces in their respective fields within housing and mortgage finance — those whose enterprising efforts are moving markets forward, each and every day.
- When will HousingWire announce the winners of the HW Insiders Award program?Winners will be announced on HousingWire.com in September, and in the September issue of HousingWire Magazine.
- When is the nomination period?Nominations will open Tuesday, June 9, 2020, and close on Friday, June 26, 2020. A late fee of $100 will be added to all nominations submitted from June 27, 2020 to June 29, 2020.
- What are the qualifications for consideration?Nominees must be working in the U.S. housing economy, which includes businesses in residential mortgage lending, servicing, investments, or real estate. Each application must provide tangible evidence of significant impact within their individual company, primarily focused upon the past 12 months.
- Who decides who will make the list of HW Insiders Award winners?A panel of HousingWire’s editors and reporters will decide.
- How can I nominate someone?Nominations must be submitted via HousingWire’s official award submission application.
- Why is there a nomination fee?The nomination fee ensures award winner integrity by only allowing serious candidates to be nominated, and covers editorial time. It takes a significant amount of time and resources for HousingWire’s editorial team members to organize and successfully determine who will be named to this year’s list.
- Can I just call you or send you an e-mail with the name of the person I’d like to nominate?No. We need to have the application completed, including contact information for the person you are nominating.
- I want to nominate my boss, but would it be better if someone higher up nominated him? Can I nominate a family member?You can nominate yourself, a client, a family member, your boss, an employee, or an acquaintance. The most important thing is that you state a clear, business-oriented reason for the nomination.
- Does it help if many people nominate the same person?No. In fact, it sends a negative impression if there is evidence of an organized campaign to send many nominations.
- Will more than one nominee from the same company be considered?Yes, multiple professionals from the same company can be nominated and will each receive consideration.
- How does the process work?After we receive a nomination, HousingWire editorial staff members vet the candidates and submit lists to the editors. The editors then hold a series of meetings to determine which candidates will be chosen. We strive to come up with a diverse list that represents a broad spectrum of the industries we cover. The process takes a significant amount of time over a compressed schedule.
- What is required of those who are selected?Candidates who are selected must make themselves available for an interview with a reporter. They may also be required to make themselves available for a photo shoot.
- Can I contact you to see how my nominee is doing in the judging process?No. We don’t give status reports. If we need any further information, we will contact you. Please be patient.
- I want to be picked for the HW Insiders Award program. Will it help to hire a public relations firm?No. Publicists often submit candidates, but they do not influence the judging.
- I was not selected for the HW Insiders Award. Can you tell me why?With hundreds of candidates and only a few spots available, the majority of hopefuls will not be chosen. We cannot explain why you weren’t picked because it won’t be for any one reason, but for reasons that have to do with presenting a diverse range of professions and professionals spanning the U.S. housing economy.
Award Materials, Licensing, Permissions, and Reprints
For additional award materials, like plaques and trophies, please visit our online store here.
For award logos, permissions, and reprints, please reach out to Caren Karris. All winners will now be provided the award logo to use as they wish to promote their win.