Recognizing the most impactful and innovative technology leaders serving the housing economy.
HousingWire’s inaugural Tech Trendsetters award program will honor the 50 most impactful and innovative technology leaders serving the housing economy.
With similar criteria to the HousingWire Tech100, which honors the 100 most innovative companies in mortgage and real estate tech, Tech Trendsetters seeks to recognize the PEOPLE that drive innovation for their mortgage and real estate clients.
Optimal candidates will be executive, product and technology leaders that have played an integral role in bringing innovative solutions to market for housing industry clients. Winners will be profiled in the December/January issue of HousingWire Magazine.
- 2020 Nomination period: September 8, 2020 – September 25, 2020
Submission fee: $595
- Winners announced: December/January issue of HousingWire Magazine
- Nominate someone by clicking the button below
Nominations for 2020 are closed. 2021 nominations will open in September 2021!
Eligibility & Criteria:
First and foremost, we are looking for evidence of professional success over the last 12-months. This is not a lifetime achievement program, but we will consider lifetime accomplishments in assessing a nomination. Must work full-time developing and bringing innovative solutions, platforms and products to market for housing industry clients.
Submissions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who decides who will be recognized as a Tech Trendsetter honoree?
A panel of HousingWire’s editors and reporters will decide.
2. How can I nominate someone?
Nominations must be submitted online, see above link.
3. Why is there a nomination fee?
The nomination fee ensures award winner integrity by only allowing serious candidates to be nominated, and covers editorial time. It takes a significant amount of time and resources for HousingWire’s editorial team members to organize and successfully determine who will be named to the list.
4. Can I just call you or send you an email with the name of the person I’d like to nominate?
No, we need to have the form filled out, including contact information for the person you are nominating.
5. I want to nominate my boss, but would it be better if someone higher up nominated him? Can I nominate a family member?
You can nominate yourself, a client, a family member, your boss, an employee, or an acquaintance. The most important thing is that you state a clear, business-oriented reason for the nomination.
6. How does the selection process work?
After we receive a nomination, the HousingWire editorial review board will individually read each submission to vet candidacy, and then meet as a panel to select the finalists. The review board will look for achievements and professional success over the last 12-months. We will consider lifetime accomplishments in assessing a nomination, but are more focused on recent influence and accomplishments.
7. Can I contact you to see how my nominee is doing in the judging process?
No. We don’t give status reports. If we need any further information, we will contact you. Please be patient.
8. I want to be picked for the Tech Trendsetters program. Will it help to hire a public relations firm?
No. Publicists often submit candidates, but they do not influence the judging.
9. I or my nominee was not picked for this year’s class of Tech Trendsetters. Can you tell me why?
With hundreds of candidates and only a few spots available, the majority of hopefuls will not be chosen. We cannot explain why you weren’t picked because it won’t be for any one reason, but for reasons that have to do with presenting a diverse range of professions and professionals spanning the U.S. housing economy.
Please contact Caren Karris with any questions about this special program.
Award Materials, Licensing, Permissions, and Reprints
For additional award materials, like plaques and trophies, please visit our online store here.
For award logos, permissions, and reprints, please reach out to Caren Karris. All winners will now be provided the award logo to use as they wish to promote their win.