This website you’re currently reading? Voted best business-to-business website by Trade, Association and Business Publications International.
It’s not the only gold ‘Tabbie’ the editorial team at HousingWire earned in the 10th annual award competetion.
HousingWire took home gold medal honors for Best B2B Website as well as for Best Feature Article. The winning feature, titled “Creative Destruction,” was the cover story for the April 2012 issue of HousingWire Magazine, and looked at how municipalities were dealing with urban blight.
HousingWire’s winning website relaunched in February 2012 with a new, modern design and layout featuring breaking industry news and opinion. “Effective site with good graphics and a clean design. Very professional and yet quite approachable,” wrote the judges in their decision.
“We’re honored by this level of recognition for our hard work and dedication to our readers, and to our advertisers,” said Paul Jackson, founder and publisher at HousingWire. “To be judged by peers against an international group of competitors should say something about just how unique a product we are putting out, day in and day out.”
Hosted annually by Trade, Association and Business Publications International, the 2013 Tabbie Awards featured nearly 500 entries with nominations from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Singapore and South Africa. Just five magazines took home five or more awards in the 2013 competition, according to TABPI officials.
Other awards won by HousingWire in the 2013 Tabbies competition include:
• Bronze medal, Feature Design: for “Eminent,” an August 2012 feature story that looked at the emergence of eminent domain proposals
• Bronze medal, Opening Page or Spread: for “Straight Up,” an August 2012 profile of Carrington CEO Bruce Rose
• Honorable mention, Focus/Profile Article: for HousingWire’s 2012 Person of the Year profile of FHFA chief Ed DeMarco
• Honorable mention, Front Cover Digital Imagery: October 2012 cover featuring custom artwork highlighting the 2012 Election
• 15th best full issue for the May 2012 issue of HousingWire Magazine
Last year, HousingWire editorial won three Gold Tabbies.