Lunch & Learn: Are appraisals the next big opportunity in mortgage fulfillment?

This Lunch & Learn for mortgage lenders will explore the evolution of the appraisal process as well as opportunities for innovation.

Why brokerages and mortgage lenders are rushing into JVs

Joint ventures are suddenly stitched into the fabric of a handful of national brokerages. But the idea of the joint venture collides with the loose, informal networks that color the American housing economy.

How to simplify the appraisal process for everyone in today’s hot market

While the world might be slowly getting back to normal, the housing boom is far from over. Appraisers need to make sure they have the right tools to manage the high demand.

Robert Dietz on why the single-family rental market is growing

In this episode of HousingWire Daily, NAHB's Robert Dietz explains why the marketshare of single-family rentals is growing despite strong homebuyer demand. He also discusses the NAHB’s latest Housing Market index.

Mortgage

Almost 25% of Americans report falling victim to financial data breaches

Still willing to trust their bank

In just the past two years, nearly one fourth of consumers reported that their financial data had been hacked online in the past two years, according to a new report from a survey on the banking industry by Accenture.

The report is based on an online survey of 4,013 bank customers in North America, and was conducted by Accenture, a global professional services company that provides solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. About 70% of respondents were based in the U.S. The remaining 30% were based in Canada.

Despite 23% of respondents reporting financial data hacks, consumers are still willing to share their data in order to receive better service from their bank. About 63% of respondents are willing to give their bank direct access to personal information.

Respondents give access to information such as mortgage, credit card and student loan data in order to let their bank use it to present them with suitable products and services. Respondents want banks to use the information to provide them with lower prices, faster service, such as rapid loan approval, more relevant advice and personalized offers based on location.

Readers of HousingWire magazine know from April’s issue (paywall) dedicated to cyber security that this is a rising problem.

In fact, recently, the National Association of Federal Credit Unions urged congress to pass legislation that would require stricter standards for retailers in the fight against hacking.

Experts on a panel at the Mortgage Bankers Association Mortgage Servicing conference in February outlined the threat trends facing the mortgage industry and what companies could do to make their companies safer from a cyber-attack.

Most Popular Articles

Why brokerages and mortgage lenders are rushing into JVs

Joint ventures are suddenly stitched into the fabric of a handful of national brokerages. But the idea of the joint venture collides with the loose, informal networks that color the American housing economy. HW+ Premium Content

Oct 25, 2021 By and

Latest Articles

How much could wire and title fraud cost lenders?

With loan production costs on the rise and the resulting margin compression, lenders should be on the lookout to reduce costs wherever possible in the origination process.

Oct 27, 2021 By
3d rendering of a row of luxury townhouses along a street

Log In

Forgot Password?

Don't have an account? Please