How UC Berkeley’s Terner Center is tackling the housing affordability crisis
On today’s episode, HW Media COO Diego Sanchez is joined by Michelle Boyd, Chief Strategy Officer at Terner Housing Innovation Labs to extend the discussion from their recent Fireside Chat. They talk about about the nation’s current housing affordability crisis and the work that Terner is doing to address these challenges for homebuyers.
Terner Labs works with a portfolio of businesses and entrepreneurs to provide weekly coaching, grants and fundraising, and access to a national network of trade associations, nonprofits, and media outlets. Their 2023 applications open soon and can be found here.
Related to this episode:
- Rate buydowns are the cat’s meow in today’s market
- Borrowers opt for permanent rate buydowns amid affordability challenges
- Affordable Housing Mini-Con
- Housing Lab Welcomes Six New Ventures to Third Annual Cohort, Prioritizing Housing Equity and Sustainability
- The Housing Lab: Elevating Innovations to Make the Housing Market More Affordable and Fair
The HousingWire Daily podcast examines the most compelling articles reported across HW Media. Each morning, we provide our listeners with a deeper look into the stories coming across our newsrooms that are helping Move Markets Forward. Hosted and produced by the HW Media team.