Our KUDOS section lets us celebrate the achievements of those in the mortgage industry as they grow, give and achieve.
• Unterberg & Associates, P.C. will be joining creditors’ rights law firm Codilis & Associates. The Indiana-based firm will continue its default practice as Codilis Law. Codilis & Associates also recently marked its 40-year anniversary of operations.
• As of February, Snapdocs’ Vendor Pay technology surpassed more than $2 million in payouts to nearly 7,000 different notary vendors across the United States. Vendor Pay enables mortgage lenders and title companies to automatically compensate thousands of different notary vendors on a rolling basis through Automated Clearing House.
• On February 21, Waterstone Mortgage rang the Nasdaq opening bell. President and CEO Eric Egenhoefer rang the bell on behalf of Waterstone’s parent companies and was joined by the executive team and 40 of the company’s top producing loan originators.
• In February, Ally Bank took home six Stevie Awards for its sales and customer service efforts. The bank received two gold, one silver and three bronze Stevies.
• Trulia launched two new iMessage extensions that allow homebuyers or renters to easily share homes through iMessage. The extensions enable users to view property details, saved homes, and coordinate open house visits without leaving their conversation.
• Real Relief launched Lifeshelter, a new, innovative low-cost housing solution that’s ideal for temporary rehousing following emergency situations. A modular, cost effective and reusable rehousing solution, Lifeshelter can be repurposed into permanent housing. Real Relief is a company that develops and supplies a large amount of relief items to people in need worldwide, including products like life-saving mosquito nets made with insecticide.
• Several appraisal firms have joined together in a partnership to offer expanded offer expanded geographical services in the valuation industry. Valucentric is comprised of The Trice Group, Real Valuation Services, Chicago Appraisal Center, JSG Real Estate Services, and Global Real Property Solutions, and employs more than 100 staff appraisers to provide a full range of valuation services in 15 states and Washington, DC.
• Finance of America Commercial, a new division of Finance of America, provides portfolio and fix-and-flip loans to real estate investors across the country. The company was founded in 2013 as B2R Finance with funds managed by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities and joined FoA in early 2017.
• In February, Colonial Savings partnered with the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Open Doors Foundation to provide rental and mortgage grants to families of patients at Cook Children’s Medical Center.
• In honor of National Read Across America Day, Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc. hosted a book drive for James R. Russell (JRR) Head Start Center in Rose Park, Utah, bringing in more than 400 books. In addition to the drive, on March 5, PRMI’s employees volunteered to read with the children at the center and the company gifted each of the 225 students a book to take home and presented teachers with new items for their classrooms.
• Guild Mortgage donated $116,000 to the Infinite Hero Foundation, which helps provide access to innovative rehabilitation programs that address the unique needs of military veterans and their families. The donation was used to purchase a wearable robotic exoskeleton from ReWalk Robotics, designed for individuals with spinal cord injury.