The National Rental Home Council, a trade group made up of the nation’s largest owner-operators in the single-family rental space, announced its first board of directors.
The group was founded in March 2014, with a goal of increasing education about the professionally managed single-family rental industry and advocating for the benefits brought by the sub-sector of today’s estimated billion-dollar rental market.
The group’s members include: Colony American Homes, Invitation Homes, American Homes 4 Rent,Progress Residential and Starwood Waypoint Residential Trust.
The group’s inaugural board members are:
- President of the Board – John Bartling, president and chief executive officer, Invitation Homes
- Secretary – Tom Hallock, senior vice president, director of alternative investments, American Homes 4 Rent
- Treasurer – Fred Tuomi, chief operating officer, Colony American Homes
- Board Member – Ali Nazar, chief experience officer, Starwood Waypoint Residential Trust
- Board Member – Jeffrey Meriggi, associate general counsel, Progress Residential
“Over a few short years, our companies have worked to bring professional service to the traditionally fragmented single-family rental market, establishing a new, permanent industry,” Bartling said. “The NRHC is a natural, critical extension of our effort to help this industry mature and we are excited to lead the Council at such an important time in our industry’s development.”
The NRHC said that the establishment of a board of directors will help to expand on the work the group has already done.
“Each of us brings unique perspective to our service on the Board, shaped by decades of experience in the housing industry,” Hallock said.
“Together we will build on the great work this Council has undertaken to continue educating and advocating about the important role our industry plays, providing high-quality homes and service to working Americans in communities across the nation.”