Housing Market Update: Slowdance or Great Resetting? Volume, First-time buyers, CX and Rates
This week we are bringing you an extra special episode of the Housing News podcast! Earlier this week, HousingWire hosted a virtual economic summit which we dubbed the Housing Market Update. We brought together a handful of the most forward industry thinkers and analysts to share some of the most relevant and thoughtful data and insights we should all be looking at as we head into 2023. They unpack rising mortgage rates, housing inventory, the biggest threats to the housing market, and much more.
This episode brings you the most important points from this session from housing folks you probably recognize, including HousingWire Lead Analyst Logan Mohtashami, Bright MLS Chief Economist Lisa Sturtevant, Altos Research President Mike Simonsen, First American Deputy Chief Economist Odeta Kushi, and Salesforce Global Head of Mortgage & Lending, Geoff Green.
Related to this episode:
- HW+ Housing Market Update
- Three trends to watch in 2023
- The Red-Hot Housing Market
- The 2023 Market: A Look Ahead
- The looming housing market recession
- Logan Mohtashami’s 2023 housing market forecast
- Daren Blomquist’s 2023 housing outlook
- Debunking the housing inventory myth in preparation for 2023
- The state of the homebuilding market
The Housing News podcast explores the most important topics happening in mortgage, real estate, and fintech. Each week a new mortgage or real estate executive joins the show to add perspective to the top stories crossing HousingWire’s news desk. Hosted by Clayton Collins and produced by the HW Media team.