HW Media is recruiting a proven Sales Strategy Associate to develop strategic cross-platform solutions, leveraging the properties, franchises, and assets of HW Media to drive sales and account growth.
HW Media is a business media company focused on informing professional audiences in mortgage, real estate and fintech. Our publications – HousingWire, Reverse Mortgage Daily, RealTrends and FinLedger – cover the news, information and perspectives that empower industry leaders to “Move Markets Forward.”
The HW Media culture can be best described as empowering and agile. Confident, energetic and creative people thrive at HW Media. We seek to enable our team members with the tools, resources and opportunity to achieve great things. We work as a team, but know when to be autonomous and independent.
Our product mix includes display and native digital advertising, sponsored content and lead gen, podcasts, video, print advertising and events.
The Sales Strategy Associate (SSA) is responsible for working closely with their respective Regional Director and Account Executive to identify sales opportunities, create programs that align with client marketing objectives, participate in client pitches and generally support the team through the sales process.
The ideal candidate has some experience working in a pre-sale capacity in the media space for a media company or agency and is proficient in business development, creating integrated and compelling proposals. The SSA is solution-oriented with the ability to connect marketing strategies to business objectives, while finding ways to creatively communicate value propositions to clients/agencies.
In this role, the Sales Strategy Associate will:
- Prospect and partner with sales to brainstorm and implement brand outreach strategies to maximize revenue for new business, renewals, cross-selling, and upselling
- Research target prospective clients to help develop a strategic outreach strategy and appropriate messaging
- Execute cold outreach (phone, email, LinkedIn, pre- and post-event outreach and other creative methods) to secure initial meetings
- Have a hunter mentality with the capability to grow your skills as the business expands
- Work with sales to significantly increase market share and drive revenue for HW Media
- Convey ideas and opportunities via self-produced proposals and PowerPoint presentations (when necessary) that are timely, innovative and effective in meeting client’s objectives
- Participate in external, client-facing meetings and possess the ability to evangelize the value proposition of HW Media
- Work with the Client Success Team and other internal departments to ensure successful campaign execution
- Cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with clients and agencies
- Collaborate with SVP and other members of leadership to provide consistent feedback to improve standard, “off-the-shelf” offerings and identify new opportunities
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of HW Media portfolio, industry landscape, competitive set, and key clients’ businesses
- 50% biz dev/prospecting, 20% sales strategy/package creation/deck creation for prospects/RFPs, 30% general account support
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Experience in developing innovative, creative, and impactful integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong executional abilities with proven record of managing many projects at once
- Creative, analytical/strategic thinker with solid problem-solving skills and ability to write and speak effectively
- Ability to set deadlines and work efficiently with internal and external teams
- Must be a proactive self-starter, capable of taking initiative
- Solid knowledge of/experience with media across digital, print, content and events.
- Adept at developing cross-platform opportunities that drive revenue while aligning with client objectives
- Must be team-oriented, collaborative and can support driving an agenda forward while also balancing needs of multiple stakeholders
- This position has no direct reports but must inspire others to do what is needed and must therefore exhibit leadership ability
- Ability to effectively manage through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, competitive environment with a positive attitude
- Must be comfortable delivering presentations to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Proficiency G-Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; knowledge of SalesForce is a plus
- BA or BS from accredited college or university (marketing, communications, psychology, journalism, or English majors preferred but not required)
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in digital advertising at a media company, agency or digital agency; ideally work experience includes interacting directly with sales or marketing teams
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Sales & Operations
Job Location: Dallas OR select remote locations for exceptional candidates
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 + quarterly incentive