HousingWire is expanding our coverage of news for real estate professionals by hiring a Real Estate Editor.
We’re on the hunt for a talented journalist who will lead the real estate team at HousingWire. Our Real Estate Editor will be writing and editing insightful news coverage and service journalism for real estate professionals, with a focus on national real estate trends, technology and digital innovation, broker trends and consolidation, and service journalism that builds community and helps real estate professionals be more successful.
At HW, we work as a team. A team player mentality is a must. Top candidates will be hungry to understand the entire housing economy — from real estate to mortgage, single-family to multifamily, origination to capital markets.
Founded 10 years ago, HousingWire has quickly built the largest audience and most well-respected brand in housing finance news and media. Today, our media platforms reach over 8 million annual readers and our audience relies on our news, information and analysis to Move Markets Forward.
The HW culture can best be described as enabling and flexible. Confident, energetic and creative people thrive here. We seek to activate our team members with tools, resources and opportunity to achieve great things. We work as a team, but know when to be autonomous and independent.
Experience and Talents of our future Real Estate Editor:
- This is an experienced hire role. We’re looking for a journalist that knows and loves the real estate beat.
- Passionate about building an active social media presence and developing rapport with audience, sources and colleagues
- Real estate data analysis experience
- Able to consistently deliver strong, on-point stories that move markets
- Comfortable with writing for website, email newsletter, and print magazine
- Has the sources that drive breaking news
- Able to pivot between fast turnaround times for website news coverage and more deeply investigated and sourced articles for our premium content membership, HW+
- Always meets deadlines, while delivering stories that meet HW’s editorial standards
- Strong Slack game
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Job Location: Dallas or NYC, remote for exceptional candidates
Salary Range: $60k – $85k, depending on experience