Approaching 50 team members, HW Media’s next management team hire will be a Director of People & Culture. We’re on the hunt for an experienced leader to serve as a trusted resource to employees, a strategic consultant and coach to management and a leader of people-focused initiatives across the organization.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of People & Culture will play an integral role in the company’s achievement of our short-and long-term goals through the development and execution of best-in-class human resources strategies. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you will play an important role in the growth of our company and the professional development of our team.
Our people are our most important resource and our true differentiator. To achieve our vision and mission, we must continue to support and nurture an employee-oriented, high-performance culture. As the leader, HW Media’s Director of People and Culture will oversee all functions of HR including talent acquisition and onboarding, compensation, benefits, and performance management.
HW Media is a business media company focused on informing professional audiences in mortgage, real estate and fintech. Our publications – HousingWire, Reverse Mortgage Daily, RealTrends and FinLedger – cover the news, information and perspectives that empower industry leaders to “Move Markets Forward.”
The HW Media culture can be best described as empowering and agile. Confident, energetic and creative people thrive at HW Media. We seek to enable our team members with the tools, resources and opportunity to achieve great things. We work as a team, but know when to be autonomous and independent.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a People & Culture function inside of our organization, partnering with executives, management and HR and benefits partners to further develop our employee-oriented, high-performance culture
- Develop and oversee all HR/People functions including: organizational development, talent management, employee relations, compensation and benefits; diversity & inclusion efforts; employer brand; HR policy and compliance
- Establish and lead strategic recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire A-players; ensure there is transparency in the hiring process with our hiring managers, and our hiring managers are fully equipped and prepared in the process.
- Serve as a strategic consultant and coach to management to strengthen lines of communication and coaching
- Build the performance management philosophy and processes to ensure employees and managers are getting the performance feedback they need to be successful
- Embody our culture by leading the charge on maintaining and enhancing the culture in line with our values. This will include overseeing the organization of regular events and coming up with new, innovative, and social ways to directly enrich the day-to-day of our employees
Your Strengths and Experience Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent professional experience; HR certifications highly desirable
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with senior level executives – ability to work comfortably with executives and juggle multiple viewpoints and priorities
- Flexible yet thoughtful approach to strategic decision making
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence across all levels and roles