HW Media is recruiting a proven Data Analyst to assist with the development and implementation of programs that capture and validate data from housing professionals, uncover trends within data to provide insights for the HW Media audience. The Data Analyst will be a member of the Rankings & Research team within our RealTrends business.
HW Media is a business media company focused on informing professional audiences in mortgage, real estate and fintech. Our publications – HousingWire, Reverse Mortgage Daily, RealTrends and FinLedger – cover the news, information and perspectives that empower industry leaders to “Move Markets Forward.”
The HW Media culture can be best described as empowering and agile. Confident, energetic and creative people thrive at HW Media. We seek to enable our team members with the tools, resources and opportunity to achieve great things. We work as a team, but know when to be autonomous and independent.
The Data Analyst is responsible for working closely with our Rankings & Research Manager and content teams to plan and manage the expansion of our data capture initiatives, rankings programs and utilization of collected data to drive editorial coverage that spotlight our programs and findings. HW Media collects data each year from brand partnerships and self-submitted information to produce various rankings programs, including an annual rankings programs that spotlight the top 1.5% of real estate brokerage firms, teams and agents. Additionally, throughout the year HW Media conducts a number of audience surveys to uncover and validate the why behind the trends within our industry. The Data Analyst will have an active role in development of new rankings programs, data capture programs and surveys as well as the management and optimization of existing programs.
The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge and experience in Excel & data analysis. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with a broad base of partners to drive increased data capture for our programs, and is experienced in customer services to maintain our partnerships. The Data Analyst is solution-oriented with the ability to connect high level objectives to practical solutions, and can seamlessly collaborate within our team.
In this role, the Data Analyst will:
- Work with the HW Media team to implement new programs and track progress on programs to ensure objectives are met and deadlines are held
- Partner with external technology partners to troubleshoot issues that arise when capturing data
- Review and validate housing industry data to ensure only accurate information is accepted and published
- Work with our industry partners to resolve any issues related to their data
- Partner with HW Media editorial department to help uncover trends in our data that our writers will use as the basis for in-depth articles
- Develop an understanding of knowledge of HW Media portfolio, industry landscape, competitive set, and key client’s businesses
- Develop strategies and present opportunities to improve our programs
- Manage data collection programs involving both production data and audience surveys
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
- Strong experience in EXCEL, specifically the utilization of tools such as formulas, & pivot tables
- Proven record of managing multiple projects
- Creative, analytical/strategic thinker with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to set deadlines and work efficiently with internal and external teams to meet deadlines
- Must be a proactive self-starter, capable of taking initiative
- Adept at developing cross-platform opportunities that drive audience engagement and revenue that align with our objectives
- Positive attitude with ability to effectively manage multiple objectives in a fast-paced, competitive environment with a positive attitude
- Proficiency G-Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint
- BA or BS from accredited college or university
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in data analytics or related field; ideally work experience includes interacting directly with sales or marketing teams
Reports to: Ranking Program Manager and Director of Real Estate
- Job Location: Dallas OR select remote locations for exceptional candidates