Website HW Media
You know that feeling of satisfaction when your clients reach out to say: “Thank you – you helped me grow my business!” Or the feeling of pride that comes with selling a product that has real impact for customers?
Those are the feelings we cultivate at Altos Research.
Altos Research is the premier resource for real-time residential real estate data. Every week we analyze the entire US housing market, and we make those analytics available to our customers well before the traditional real estate data channels. Thousands of real estate professionals – including agents, teams, brokers, loan officers, mortgage brokers, and title insurance companies – use our SaaS system to reach their clients with the most compelling local market data every day.
Altos was recently acquired by HW Media, a media and data company for professionals in mortgage and residential real estate. Altos’ sister companies – HousingWire, Reverse Mortgage Daily, and RealTrends – cover the news, information and perspectives that empower industry leaders to “Move Markets Forward.” The acquisition has created incredible new growth opportunities for Altos, and we’re now adding to the team.
About the Role
This is a role that many companies would call Account Executive or Inside Sales Representative, but we call Business Strategist, because you’ll be the expert in helping our clients grow their business with market data.
With over 15 years in the industry and a strong reputation and product, Altos has built an inbound lead engine that provides plentiful sales opportunities. In this role, you’ll be primarily focused on pursuing and closing these inbound leads – by understanding each prospect’s business and marketing objectives, sharing the Altos platform and benefits, and helping them see how we can help their business grow.
Reporting to our SVP of Sales, you will lead and manage your sales pipeline and follow ups, and proactively find ways to move deals through the sales funnel and close new business.
Expectations for the role include:
- Develop a deep understanding of real estate marketing, technology, and our customers’ priorities
- Deliver high-quality, customized demos based on each prospect’s unique needs
- Respond promptly to inbound opportunities
- Manage your own opportunities and hit or exceed sales targets
- Manage all sales pipeline information and process in our CRM (Hubspot)
- Maintain a high level of engagement, activity, and focus
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership, Marketing, and Customer Success as needed to make our clients successful.
We’re a data company, and you appreciate the power of communicating with data. Our customers look to you as an expert.
Qualifications for the role include:
- Experience working in SaaS sales; skilled in consultative selling
- Experience in real estate, loan origination, or title is helpful, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of energy; thrive in a busy environment
- Technology and data-oriented, with the ability to demonstrate expertise to customers
- High standards for performance; motivated by KPIs and revenue targets
- Team player; confident and great with people.