Hey there! HW Media is on the hunt for a talented editor and writer to join our real estate team as an Assistant Editor for RealTrends. HW Media is a b2b media business and we’re dedicated to being the must-read source of news and information for real estate, financial services and fintech professionals. RealTrends was acquired by HW Media in 2020, and has been producing content, rankings and events for real estate brokerage leaders and agents for over 30 years.
HW Media is headquartered in Dallas, Texas (well, Irving to be exact), but this role can be remote if necessary.
Our mission and goal at HW is to Move Markets Forward. For us this means giving our audience the news, insight and information they need to excel personally and professionally. Just as we help our audience grow professionally, we also have a track record of helping journalists and media professionals learn new skills, take on expanding responsibilities and build successful careers in business media.
Interested in joining us? Keep reading!
HW Media is growing rapidly, and a big part of our strategy is expanding our coverage of news, insights and trends that are impacting real estate brokers and agents. The Managing Editor of RealTrends has an exciting vision for the future of the content strategy, and the Assistant Editor will play a huge role in bringing this vision to life.
- Research, edit, and write daily articles
- Write and produce bi-weekly newsletter
- Interview industry professionals
- Seek out new products, services, innovations, and business models in the real estate space
- Report on and analyze current real estate trends
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism
- Experience writing and editing for a media publication. Real estate experience a huge plus
- Strong writing and editing skills and familiarity with AP style
- Experience writing headlines, subheads, etc. to maximize SEO on a digital platform
- Ability to multitask and be flexible with multiple projects
- Ability to collaborate with other staff members on writing and editing assignments
- Ability to meet content delivery deadlines in a timely, professional way
Salary Range: $40,000 to $47,500 depending on experience Reports to: Managing Editor, RealTrends Location: Dallas preferred, remote for exceptional candidates