In-depth reporting, analysis and perspective on the key issues and innovations impacting the fintech market.
FinLedger is a new media brand launched in August 2020 by HW Media, the parent organization of HousingWire.
FinLedger is hiring an Assignments Reporter to cover the b2b fintech market, with a specific focus on:
- Breaking news related to banktech, insurtech, proptech and payments
- Trends coverage related to big data, cybersecurity, regtech, blockchain and other topics trending in the current news cycle
- Monitoring the activities and technology decisions of leading incumbent and challenger banks and insurance companies to uncover news and trends
- Supporting the Managing Editor in covering other important stories across FinLedger’s coverage beat
- Assisting in newsletter aggregation and production
At FinLedger we take pride in publishing breaking news, information, and analytics that helps financial services professionals and fintech innovators stay informed so they can make smart decisions and be more successful in their careers. We connect with our audience through a variety of channels, including FinLedger.com, an email newsletter, social media, and ultimately, virtual and in-person events.
Journalists at FinLedger have a strong focus on digital-first journalism.
This position may be based in Dallas or remote.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create a minimum of one original story daily for FinLedger.com
- Occasional quick rewrites of press releases and ticker coverage
- Uncover new story angles and build strong sources in the fintech industry
- Always meet deadlines, while delivering stories that meet FinLedger’s editorial standards
- Leverage the expertise and guidance of other reporters and editors to continually grow as a journalist
Required Experience and Skills:
- 1-5 years of experience in a newsroom (including college experience)
- BA/BS, preferably in English, Journalism, or Communications
- A basic understanding of HTML, as well as an understanding of how to use social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) to build an audience
- Competitive nature, a driver who wants to be the first to break news and develop “news nowhere else” stories
- Creative thinker who can find new angles that others haven’t yet thought about
- Must work well with others and enjoy being part of a team
- Familiar with AP Style, and strong command of the English language
- Strong Slack game
FinLedger is a fintech-focused business media brand designed for financial services professionals. FinLedger covers technology news, perspective and insights impacting the financial services sector from SaaS to big data, and cybersecurity to regtech, and more. FinLedger was founded in 2020, and is owned and operated by HW Media.
HW Media is the leading digital community for real estate, financial services and fintech professionals to engage, connect and gain knowledge. Founded in 2016 through the acquisition of HousingWire, HW Media is based in Dallas, TX with team members across the country.
Salary Range: $37,500 to $45,000