HousingWire is growing our team to provide extensive and thoughtful coverage of mortgage and housing finance news.
We’re looking for a talented journalist to lead our mortgage and housing finance team. This team member will be writing and editing insightful news coverage on what’s happening in the mortgage industry, with a focus on mortgage originations, secondary markets, mortgage servicing, national housing trends, technology and digital innovation in the mortgage space, industry trends, and service journalism for mortgage professionals that builds community and helps them be more successful.
At HW, we work as a team. A team player mentality is a must. Top candidates will also be hungry to understand the entire housing economy — from real estate, single-family to multifamily, capital markets, and all other parts of the housing ecosystem.
At HousingWire we take pride in covering news and information that helps real estate and mortgage professionals stay informed so they can make smart decisions and be more successful in their careers. We connect with our audience through many channels, including HousingWire.com, multiple email newsletters, HousingWire Magazine, social media, and in-person events. Journalists at HousingWire have a strong focus on digital-first journalism, but also have the opportunity to write for HousingWire Magazine, as well as our premium content membership, HW+.
Founded 10 years ago, HousingWire has quickly built the largest audience and most well-respected brand in housing finance news and media. Today, our media platforms reach more than 7 million annual unique visitors and our audience relies on our news and information to Move Markets Forward.
The HousingWire culture can be best described as enabling and flexible. We seek to enable our team members with the tools, resources and opportunity to achieve great things. We work as a team, but know when to be autonomous and independent. Confident, energetic and creative people thrive at HousingWire.
Experience and Talents
- This is an experienced hire role. We’re looking for a journalist that knows and loves the housing beat
- Data analysis experience and a willingness to learn how to report on housing finance and mortgage data
- Will pitch Managing Editor on original, enterprise stories for coverage on HousingWire.com each business day
- Able to consistently deliver strong, on-point stories that move markets
- Develops (or has) the sources that drive breaking news
- Competitive nature, a driver who wants to develop “news nowhere else” stories
- Writes opinion/commentary/news analysis as needed, and is able to do so seamlessly within the context of other journalistic work
- Consistently meets deadlines, while delivering stories that meet HW’s editorial standards
- Passionate about building an active social media presence in the housing field, and developing rapport with audience, sources and colleagues
- Strong Slack game
Reports to: Managing Editor
Job Location: Dallas or select remote locations for exceptional candidates