We’re recruiting a skilled Controller to join HousingWire, a Riomar Capital portfolio company. This is a significant career opportunity for an ambitious professional to take a visible leadership role in a private equity sponsored growth company.
This role will have broader responsibility and authority than a typical controller, providing the CEO, executive team and Board of Directors with strategic business advice, assistance and execution.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of total accounting experience (3+ public), with strong experience in financial reporting, analysis and business strategy. This role may be a great fit for an ambitious public Accounting Manager looking to make a career step to gain exposure and experience in an entrepreneurial company with a highly experienced investor group.
Candidate will report to the CEO and be based in our corporate office location in Las Colinas. Responsibilities fall into three main categories:
Accounting & Business Administration
1) Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and client invoicing processes, along with other day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities
2) Manage key vendor contracts, including evaluation and negotiation
1) Implement and manage accounting and finance systems and procedures, including controls and documentation
2) Month end close and monthly management and investor financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
1) Generate timely corporate financial information, profitability analysis, and operating statistics with a keen focus on trends and forecasting
2) Produce annual budgets and multi-year year financial plans with sensitivity analysis
3) Manage banking relationships, business insurance and employee benefits programs
4) Potential due diligence and M&A related work on add-on acquisitions and partnerships