HousingWire, the most influential source of news and information for the U.S. mortgage and housing markets, is looking for a Business Development Representative to support our Real Estate vertical. This individual will play a critical role in achieving the goals of our growing company.
As a digital first publication, HousingWire is keen on staying on the cutting edge of advertising solutions. Our product mix includes digital advertising, programmatic solutions, sponsored content, print advertising and events.
The ideal candidate is interested in building a sales career in media, has possibly previously gained solid early-career experience in media, advertising or marketing, and has a passion for client service with the ability to multitask and a high attention to detail. You will be effective in communication, organization, and critical thinking, while thriving in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment.
1) Partner with, and act as an extension of, the Real Estate Director to make them as successful, effective and efficient as possible
2) Work to generate and qualify sales leads, manage inbound lead activity, determine active buying interest and develop opportunities in prospect accounts
3) Be responsible for having conversations with marketing leaders to create sales-ready leads and opportunities moving them into and through the sales funnel and setting up sales qualified appointments for the Real Estate Director
4) Become an expert about the company, industry and our platform’s benefits and features in order to effectively articulate HousingWire’s value proposition, while gathering information about prospect needs
5) Leverage sales tools and marketing programs to identify leads, prospects and new business opportunities
6) Coordinate and assist in development of presentations and meeting materials
1) Hungry for success and not afraid to pick up the phone
Competitive, agile, embraces change, ambitious and determined to overcome obstacles
3) Comfortable with discussing and influencing decision makers over the phone
4) A detail-oriented team player with creativity, problem-solving abilities and excellent communication skills
5) Willing to perform a wide variety of tasks to achieve sales team success
6) Has the ability to adapt to changes in projects and client goals while meeting deadlines and adhering to schedules
7) Assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
8) Motivated self-starter
1) Minimum 4 year college degree
2) 1 to 2 years of account management/customer service experience (this is an early-career pipeline role for building a media sales career)
3) Expert relationship building skills
4) Expert organizational skills
5) Proficient in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Excel), Salesforce, Google Suite and Slack
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
HousingWire’s mission is simple: Moving Markets Forward. We are a company of smart, nimble and passionate people who are determined to help a wide range of professionals make sense of an industry undergoing immense change. Our office has a casual, collaborative atmosphere where our employees work hard and have the flexibility to live their lives. Come join us!
Position is located in Dallas, TX. No relocation provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year