As the calendar ticks ever so much closer to 2017, the housing industry pushes ever so much further into the technological revolution, one that promises to reshape how the entire industry operates.
We here at HousingWire, your loyal companions on this journey into the future, know that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of companies in the industry that are on the cutting edge of these exciting technological developments.
We think everyone else should know that, too.
That’s why HousingWire is proud of our HW TECH100 program, which highlights industry technology innovators focused on residential real estate, as well as mortgage lending, servicing and investments.
From dot-coms to start-ups, to established technology giants, each year the HW TECH100 features the most innovative technology firms driving the U.S. housing economy forward.
And if you think your company belongs on the HW TECH100 list, now’s your chance to prove it!
We’re currently accepting nominations for our fourth annual HW TECH100 list, but the nominations are closing soon. Really soon!
The nominations were due to close Tuesday, Nov. 29, but we’re extending the deadline to Friday, Dec. 2 to give all of you the chance to emerge from your tryptophan-induced food comas and get your submissions in.
So how does the HW TECH100 work and how do we decide the honorees?
You can click here for the full details, but here’s a brief rundown:
- Offer technology and/or software that focuses on or enables one or more of the following industry sectors: residential mortgage lending, residential mortgage servicing, residential mortgage investments, or real estate.
- The technology and/or software must be available to third-party users and/or actively marketed and sold to third parties for use: this means pure play dot-coms are eligible, along with software development companies. Companies developing proprietary, in-house technology are not eligible.
- The technology must be available in-market at time of application: no vaporware or pre-launches allowed.
- Technology may be B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-consumer) in nature.
- All applicants should strive to demonstrate how their technology/software meets the six criteria for innovation central to the HW TECH100™:
- Unique solution
- Elegant implementation
- Market influence
- Market potential
- Something else entirely
And here’s the thing about submitting a nomination for the HW TECH100 list, there’s literally no reason not to put your company forward for consideration.
The nomination fee is $0. Zero. Zilch. Nada. That’s right, it’s free.
There’s nothing standing in your way. Nothing to prevent you from making the list of the top 100 tech innovators in the housing industry.
Other than the other companies who feel they deserve to be on the HW TECH100, that is.
During the nomination period for last year’s HW TECH100, we were blown away by the quality of the work being done throughout the entire housing industry.
Just look at last year’s list. It’s okay, we’ll wait.
And this year is no different.
The nominations we’ve received thus far have shocked and amazed us, in the best way possible.
We’re not gonna lie to you; the competition to make this year’s list will be tough.
The amount of innovation that’s taking place in the housing industry right now is inspiring and we’re proud to honor it.
And if you think you belong on the list of the top 100 tech innovators in housing, now’s the time to prove it.
Click here to submit your nomination, and good luck!!