Innovation is essential to the housing economy. Lenders, servicers, investors and those in real estate compete in an economic and regulatory environment that rewards agile companies and punishes those mired in inefficiency.
Thankfully, great minds are at work across the industry to address the tech needs of all sectors of housing. And at HousingWire, we want to recognize that innovation and the difference it makes not only to individual companies, but also to the homeowners and potential homeowners looking to live the American Dream.
The HW Tech100 program identifies the 100 most innovative companies serving the housing economy, and then highlights leaders in six categories. The winners of last year's contest included:
- Unique solution: CoreLogic, for CondoSafe
- Growth: Blend, for its highly scalable and extensible platform
- Market Influence: Veros, which provides portals for Fannie, Freddie and the FHA
- Market Potential: Auction.com, which launched buyer financing with the help of Google Capital
- Elegant implementation: Redhawk Research, for incredible visualization tools and layered graphics
- Something else entirely: Comergence Compliance Monitoring, offering a scorecard for third parties to protect lenders
Reading through entries for this contest blows our editorial mind, and we love to discover the myriad ways that companies are adapting their technology to meet real needs.
What we don't love is telling companies that have incredible, amazing, unbelievable solutions that they have missed the deadline to apply.
We extended the original deadline of Nov. 30 to Dec. 4 — tomorrow!! — to accommodate the blur surrounding Thanksgiving, but there won't be a further extension.
Don't miss this opportunity to let the world know about your company's impressive tech solutions. Apply here for the 2016 HW Tech100.