Valuations

Wells Fargo's latest fake account revelation proves why the CFPB must survive

Republicans want less financial regulation, but they're wrong
[Op-Ed] Wells Fargo’s latest revelation is the straw that broke my back. I’ve talked to enough people who work in the housing business to know that the CFPB made their lives much harder. I get why they hate the CFPB. I really do. But, I can’t just sit back and watch all of the financial regulation borne out of the financial crisis get undone. Situations like Wells Fargo show why the CFPB must exist.
Read More
From HW Magazine

2017 HW Insiders: John Whitlow

Vice President of Operations and Technology at Pendo
When Pendo wanted to focus on cutting turn times and increasing client satisfaction, John Whitlow created an appraisal review system that identified issues that would otherwise have delayed turn times by one day or more. He also created an appraiser recruiting tool that quickly identified the appraisers best suited to work with specific wholesalers, saving time and enhancing relationships with clients and appraisers.
Read More
From HW Magazine

2017 HW Insiders: Jon Tallinger

Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Class Appraisal
Since helping to start Class Appraisal as its first employee in 2009, Jon Tallinger has played several key roles within the company. In the company’s early years, he managed day-to-day operations and served as chief appraiser, and now serves as vice president of sales and marketing. 
Read More
From HW Magazine

2017 HW Insiders: Jacob Guertin

Vice President of Business Development at CoesterVMS
As vice president of business development, Jacob Guertin continually looks for ways to simplify processes for CoesterVMS’ website. He’s routinely three steps ahead on making upgrades and improvements to the company’s systems, understanding the technological impact of proper applications and interfaces with each of the company’s clients.
Read More
From HW Magazine

2017 HW Insiders: Brandon Fox

Vice President of Client Relations, Default Valuations at Assurant
Brandon Fox, VP of client relations, default valuations for Assurant, fosters relationships that result in business growth ahead of projections. In addition to his VP position, Fox splits his time planning, designing and assisting with the implementation of a new system that will replace the company's legacy system.
Read More

Economists: Case-Shiller increase represents highest gain in 3 years

Tight market to continue pushing home prices higher
Home prices increased 5.8% annually in June, according to Case-Shiller results, and experts explain this is the highest annual increase for any month in the past three years. And they warn not to expect the increases to let up anytime soon as high demand and tight inventory continue to squeeze home prices higher.
Read More

Black Knight: Home prices hit yet another new high in June

Top 6 metros with highest monthly increase
Home prices increased in every state across the U.S. from May to June and overall, the median U.S. home price hit yet another all-new high. Here's a look at Black Knight Financial Services' latest report, which shows the top metros with the largest monthly home price increases.
Read More

Overworked and underpaid: Here are the challenges facing appraisers next year

Industry suffers from a clear lack of unity
While most sectors of the mortgage industry managed the increased demand with few hiccups, the appraisal services segment of the industry did not fare as well. The uninterrupted appraisal demand throughout 2016 and into the first quarter of this year led to chronic fatigue that spread throughout the appraiser population, leaving 3 major challenges for the industry to face.
Read More