A Realtor in North Carolina was rushed to the hospital and had to have her stomach pumped after ingesting a date rape drug that was put in her water bottle, according to an article by Xavier Walton for WCNC.
The incident happened in a new subdivision in Union County, according to police.
From the article:
The letter says a customer was “acting suspicious” while visiting a model home on two separate occasions, each time leaving quickly at the sign of another client. The second time around, the customer was spotted near the realtor’s desk — during a showing.
“Obviously concerned over the idea that someone may have planted or placed some unknown substance in a drink,” said Tony Underwood with the Union County Sheriff’s Office.
The warning goes on to say that the realtor drank from her water bottle that was left on the desk unattended. Within 20 minutes, her heart started racing, legs went numb, and she was taken to the hospital. According to the letter, a toxicology screening of her bottle found traces of the date rape drug.
And down in Houston, Realtors and real estate agents, especially female ones, need to be on the lookout for a “foot fetish creep” who’s been targeting local agents, the Houston Association of Realtors warned its members earlier this week.
Because Realtors often find themselves in a situation alone with clients, police give these tips to ensure safety:
- Have contacts nearby
- Have a cell phone close
- Tell someone where you are
- Be aware of your surroundings