There are plenty of websites that allow buyers and sellers to list and browse homes, but one vital step has been missing in the process: the actual transaction, which has always taken place offline.
Now, Ten-X has developed a flexible portal where real estate agents and their clients can easily take the process to the next level — completing the entire real estate transaction online, whenever and wherever they are.
“Real estate is moving online,” said Ten-X Chief Executive Officer Tim Morse, who noted that over 90% of home purchases include searches on websites like Zillow and Trulia.
“Ten-X offers the only true end-to-end online transaction process – from the listing and research phase through the close of escrow – empowering buyers, sellers and their agents with a safe, simple, transparent way to buy and sell real estate,” Morse said.
The new platform, which was introduced at the SXSW Interactive festival in Austin this spring, and is being launched in select markets today, provides consumers and real estate professionals with enhanced flexibility, control and simplicity, and is optimized for use on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Its development represents a natural evolution in an industry focused on serving consumers who increasingly prefer more the efficient, easier experience of buying and selling almost everything online.
Ten-X Homes allows agents and their listing clients to:
- List a home anytime, on any device using a tool that walks them through the process step by step to add in amenities, photos, descriptions and listing terms.
- Set preferred terms for the sale — list price, type of financing, concessions, etc.
- Easily view and compare offers side-by-side on a Seller Dashboard.
- Negotiate with a buyer completely online utilizing Ten-X Negotiator.
- Manage all transaction tasks from offer to closing online — and see exactly where the sale is in the process and what still needs to be done — using Ten-X Transaction Manager.
Ten-X Homes is designed to help real estate agents grow their business and serve their clients more effectively. The streamlined process is part of the company’s mission to deliver everything traditional real estate does, only better.
“Providing an exceptional user experience is critical to achieving our promise to make buying and selling real estate ten times better for everyone involved,” Morse said.
“This new platform combines the familiarity of traditional real estate transactions with the transparency, efficiency and ease that the Internet has brought to other market sectors, like travel and financial services, and sets a new standard for our industry.”