Last week, HousingWire launched our celebration of the housing and housing finance industries with “You might be a Realtor if…”
This week we salute those unsung regulatory heroes, compliance officers.
You might be a Compliance Officer if…
- Your spouse is sick of hearing about QM and ATR.
- Thanks to the CFPB, you have more job security than a tenured a professor.
- At sporting events, you root for the referees.
- Is your SAR filed with FinCEN? You’re damn right.
- “Risk” is banned at your family game night.
- You’re working on automating the breakfast process.
- The paint can says “Put on two coats.” You wear two jackets when applying it. Just in case.
- You admire the Roomba’s pro-activeness.
- Your backup backups are backedup.
- You can have a whole conversation in acronyms – CHARM, ECOA, AML, BSA, ITF, CIP, FTC, EFTA, TILA, RESPA, etc.
- You’re not creeping on your kid’s Facebook page; you’re conducting “risk management.”
Whatever you do in housing, send us your job’s quirks. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll pick the best and include them. We can credit you or we can keep it anonymous, your choice.