Real estate industry giant Keller Williams added 15,000 associates last year, bringing its overall associate count above 95,000.
During the company’s annual convention in Phoenix, Keller Williams CEO Mark Willis announced that the company’s associates had both outpaced the industry and shattered records in every category Keller Williams measures.
Willis said that transactions were up nearly 20% to 644,000 units, sales volume was up almost 30% to $158 billion, and commissions earned increased by 30% to $4.2 billion.
“Keller Williams family, this year you showcased to the world that an education-based, technology-driven, consumer-focused company can drive innovation and excellence,” Willis said. “You’ve shown what an energized army – 96,000 strong and growing – can achieve when we all work together and are focused on a shared vision.”
According to Keller Williams, 95% of offices were profitable for the year – a figure far above the standard for franchise businesses.
The company shared more than $78 million with associates through its Profit Share program – an increase of 41% over 2012. Since the program’s inception in 1996, the company has distributed $475 million in profits with associates.
- Signing master franchise agreements covering Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey and the UK and celebrating the launch of KW Indonesia, KW Southern Africa and KW Vietnam.
- Being named the No. 2 training organization across all industries by Training Magazine.
- Reaching No. 1 on the Wall Street Journal business bestseller list with co-founder Gary Keller’s The ONE Thing, which has now been translated into 23 languages.
- Unveiling a new logo and branding campaign.
- Transitioning the company’s entire associate base to Google Apps for Business.
- Launching a mobile search app individually branded for associates and holding a consumer sweepstakes that will give $50,000 to a consumer who downloads the Keller Williams Real Estate Search App.
During an update on the company’s global expansion, Keller Williams Worldwide President Chris Heller announced plans to open Keller Williams offices in Dubai.