The U.S. Senate officially appointed Janet Yellen as Treasury Secretary on Monday, ensuring the 74-year-old will be the first woman to lead the department in its more than 230-year history.
- Home prices surge to six-year high in November 5 hours ago
- What 2020’s top forbearance exit trends mean for servicers 6 hours ago
- Florida community bank launches mortgage arm 6 hours ago
- Housing industry reacts to Yellen’s confirmation 6 hours ago
- SitusAMC acquires Assimilate Solutions 23 hours ago
- United Wholesale Mortgage makes public debut 4 days ago
- Three reasons there won’t be a 2021 housing market crash 1 week ago
- Zillow: Expect another record year for home sales 1 day ago
- The real danger of releasing the GSEs from conservatorship 4 days ago
- Biden appoints new HUD chief of staff 5 days ago
PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust announced that company founder and Non-Executive Chairman Stanford Kurland died at age 68 due to complications from COVID-19. Kurland had also been battling brain cancer.
Record low inventory and strong buyer demand surged the cost of homes in the U.S 9.5% nationally in November, according to the Case-Shiller index.
Technology firm SitusAMC announced its acquisition of mortgage and title outsourcer Assimilate Solutions on Monday – it’s second acquisition in January.
In today’s low-inventory environment, complicated by external factors such as forbearance and foreclosure moratoriums, it’s crucial for real estate agents and brokers to be proactive in order to grow their business. PropStream offers them the ability to find prospective sellers, gain insight into their property and situation, and contact them to get started in one system.
Dave Stevens writes: My experience with [the GSEs] began in earnest in 1999 when I became the senior vice president in charge of Single Family at Freddie Mac…It was this period that framed my entire perspective of the GSEs and what made me appreciate that they are both critical to housing finance yet equally as dangerous to the same sector and the broader economy.