Simon bids more than $4 billion for capital shopping
Simon Property Group Inc., the largest U.S. mall owner, made an offer for Capital Shopping Centres Group Plc that values the U.K. company at 2.9 billion pounds ($4.6 billion).
Simon would pay 425 pence a share in cash for London-based Capital Shopping, the U.K.’s biggest retail landlord, according to a statement today. That’s 26 percent more than Capital Shopping’s closing share price on Nov. 24, the day before Simon’s interest was disclosed. Capital Shopping has so far refused to cooperate with the Indianapolis-based company.
Don’t miss out: get HW delivered via email
- Current Chg.
- NASDAQ 3498.97 33.722 ^ixic
- S&P 500 1649.6 -0.91 ^gspc
- Volatility Index 13.99 -0.08 ^vix
- KBW Mort. Financial Index 32.45 -0.13 ^mfx
- MSCI US REIT Index 1021.85 -2.87 ^rmz