Financial Reform Bill Appears Likely
A sweeping regulatory overhaul of the financial industry gained momentum Tuesday as Sen. Richard Shelby, the ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee, rejoined bi-partisan negotiations on the bill, CNBC has learned.
Senate Banking Chairman Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.) is already negotiating details of the proposal with Republican Sen. Bob Corker. The two have just returned from a recess trip to Central America where they continued discussions over the plan.
Don’t miss out: get HW delivered via email
- Current Chg.
- NASDAQ 3498.97 33.722 ^ixic
- S&P 500 1647.11 -3.4 ^gspc
- Volatility Index 14.52 0.45 ^vix
- KBW Mort. Financial Index 32.39 -0.19 ^mfx
- MSCI US REIT Index 1015.98 -8.74 ^rmz