Deutsche Bank Confirms MortgageIT Layoffs
Deutsche Bank recently laid off 580 workers at MortgageIT, National Mortgage News is reporting this evening. Citing an unidentified spokeswoman, NMN reports the job cuts reportedly took place on October 2.
From the coverage:
The spokeswoman issued a statement that says, "Deutsche Bank still maintains an active loan origination platform, but is reducing its residential mortgage origination business in line with current market conditions and industry demand."
My best wishes to those affected.
Don’t miss out: get HW delivered via email
- Current Chg.
- NASDAQ 3498.97 33.722 ^ixic
- S&P 500 1642.18 -13.17 ^gspc
- Volatility Index 14.42 0.6 ^vix
- KBW Mort. Financial Index 32.6 0.41 ^mfx
- MSCI US REIT Index 1024.31 -18.58 ^rmz