Byron Wien still holds his line

It’s official: Zillow will own Trulia

"Better agents make for better advertisers"
W S

News

$640 million in subprime-boom bonds coming to market

Two lists of “major” non-agency RMBS to bid separately
July 28, 2014
"My sense is that this is related to general risk reduction ahead of Wednesday’s FOMC announcement, Friday’s non-farm payroll report, and month end," David Varano of Interactive Data said. "Additionally, this could also be driven by certain investors looking to test the market after it appeared to easily absorb those two massive bid lists last week in order to gauge current demand levels."
Read More

American Capital beats estimates by $0.19

REIT reports earnings per share of $0.87 in 2Q14
July 28, 2014
The company’s second quarter earnings were up from $0.71 in 1Q14.
Read More

Blackstone adviser: Investors worried about ‘serious correction’

Byron Wien still holds his line
July 28, 2014
“But there are enough other positive signs that I am not altering my favorable forecast. If housing continues to be weak, I will probably have to change my view.”
Read More

FHFA considering plan to offer single Fannie, Freddie bonds

Report on Common Securitization Platform may be coming soon
July 28, 2014
During his May speech at the Brookings Institute, FHFA Director Mel Watt said that adjusting the way Fannie and Freddie securitize mortgages was one of his key goals. Now it appears that the FHFA may be one step closer to accomplishing that goal.
Read More

Is this approach to keeping homeowners a model to fight blight?

Boston group helps troubled borrowers - here's how
July 28, 2014
A Boston non-profit has another approach to principal reduction for troubled homeowners, and they say it’s fighting blight without involving anyone who doesn’t want to be involved, the Washington Post reports.
Read More

Julián Castro sworn in, spends first day as HUD Secretary

Former San Antonio mayor takes over for Shaun Donovan
July 28, 2014
"Julián has lived the American Dream in his own life, and I’m confident he will help Americans across our country seize their own piece of that dream for themselves and their children," President Barack Obama said when Castro was confirmed by the Senate earlier this month.
Read More

Moody’s rates 2014-SFR2 securitization at $322.6M in Class A

July 28, 2014
Moody's Investors Service has assigned provisional ratings to four classes of certificates backed by one floating rate loan secured by mortgages on 3,750 single family rental properties owned by the Invitation Homes 2014-SFR2 securitization.
Read More

Man accidentally posts naked photo in home listing

This wasn’t the kind of exposure he wanted for his house
July 28, 2014
A Texas man hoping to sell his home made a big mistake while posting an image of his home online. (Safe for work.)
Read More

Here’s why the week ahead will make or break housing and the economy

FOMC, initial 2Q GDP and jobs report will put the stamp on 2014
July 28, 2014
The best directions in the world won't help you get somewhere if you don't know where you are standing. We could do without the media spin on the economy and housing.
Read More

The future of affordable housing is Lego houses?

Danish company showcases 3D printed Lego-style home idea
July 28, 2014
Affordable housing is a worldwide challenge, even here in the United States. But when you think of it, people may have been playing with – and building – the very solution to the problem for going on 80-plus years.
Read More